April 20, 2017, Kelso, Washington, USA
April 20, 2017
Kelso, Washington, USA
Steep Slope Logging 2017 provided an essential and independent platform to showcase new innovations and operating practices suited to our North American harvesting operations.
What was covered?
- Find out what the world’s leading steep slope logging experts are doing
- Safely fell and bunch on slopes up to 100% without hand felling
- Learn how you can access valuable fibre productivity in difficult terrain
- Forestry managers
- Forest owners
- Harvest planners
- Harvesting contractors
- Technical foresters
- Forestry H&S managers
- Forestry consultants
- Plantation forestry researchers
19 April 2017
Evening Ice breaker
Join us for a meet and greet function with the keynote speakers before the conference.
20 April 2017
International developments in steep slope logging
- A paradigm shift in forest contracting: Mechanization down under
- The Falcon Forestry story: Recent advances and future plans
- When the logger is also the manufacturer: The Climbmax Approach to safe steep slope harvesting
- Building and operating a dual purpose system steep slope machine
Kiwi contractor innovations in steep slope mechanisation
- A world first: Remote controlled mechanical tree felling on steep terrain – early trial results
- An engineering approach to tethered harvesting: Development of the EMS tethering system
- A contracting approach to mechanical harvesting systems on slopes: Experiences and learnings
Gaining wider insights into emerging technical issues
- Winch assist clam bunk harvesting/forwarding in BC – early indications of costs & performance
- Equipment suppliers: Technical views on steep slope harvesting mechanization developments
- Key industry-identified risk management issues for mechanised harvesting operations
- Practical outcomes from FPInnovations’ steep slope initiative
- PANEL: Can the Kiwi paradigm shift successfully translate to the Pacific Northwest?
21 April 2017
Tractionline/Summit Field Tour
8:00am - 2:00pm approx: See itinerary for details. Disclaimer
ClimbMAX Field Tour
For details and itinerary, see ClimbMAX team at the conference.